Return

History Quiz
Schools in Pencader Hundred

True or False

Question 1.) Each school was assigned a number. Some schools had the letter C following the number. The C indicated it was in Christina School District.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 2.) In 1821 the Delaware legislature provided funding for the operation of schools.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 3.) Adult students attending beginners classes in the evening had to provide their own source of lighting.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 4.) All of the 14 schools in Pencader Hundred in 1919 no longer exist.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 5.) In the late 1800s to early 1900s two miles was the accepted distance a small child could be expected to walk.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 6.) Early schools built by money from Pierre DuPont were frame buildings barely suitable as a center of learning.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 7.) The octagonal shaped school building was specially designed to provide better lighting for the students.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 8.) The Pleasant Valley School was demolished due to the widening of the intersection at Old Baltimore Pike and Pleasant Valley Road.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 9.) In 1829 according to the provisions of the Free School Act each school district was awarded $300.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Question 10.) The reason for the two-room schoolhouse was to segregate the white students from the black students.
  1. True
  2. False
 
Return
Webpage Updated: FLR on: