Historic Homes in Pencader

Return

Poplar Hall
Built mid-to-late 18th century

 
Popular Hall

Poplar Hall, a restored example of Georgian architecture, was originally constructed of brick by James Boulden, the Elder in the mid-to-late 18th century. A later stone addition is one of the rare examples of stone houses from the period remaining in Pencader Hundred. A Delaware State historical marker was dedicated in July 2014.


Middletown/Brooks House

Middletown/Brooks House

Location:
Glasgow Ave North of Route 40


Pleasant Valley School

Pleasant Valley school

Location:
Old Baltimore Pk. & Pleasant Valley Rd.


Pencader Church

Pencader Church

Location:
Glasgow Ave. North of Rt. 40


Iron Hill School

Iron Hill School

Location:
Old Baltimore Pike


Aiken's tavern District

Aiken's tavern District

Location:
Old Glasgow Ave North of Route 40


Fisher's Mill

Fisher's Mill  

Welsh Tract Church
1904

Welsh Tract Church - 1904  

Welsh Tract Church
Scribners Monthly
March 1872

Welsh Tract Church - Scribners Monthly March 1872  

Return